Thursday 14 May 2015

Hannah - becoming a role model

Back at the start of the year, I was approached to consider an opportunity to appear in a marketing campaign for a lingerie brand. Now whilst I am very confident in who I am, the thought of appearing in my underwear for a marketing campaign worried me a little. I'm a disabled athlete and its hard enough to gain exposure for me and my sport without being seen the wrong way. I want to be taken seriously as an athlete.

However, when the campaign was explained to me and I saw some mock images of what they visualised, I couldn't wait to be involved and am now honoured to have been selected. I don't really see myself as a role model, I just do what I do and work hard at it, but if I can inspire other people along the way then I'm really happy.

Panache Lingerie have just launched a pioneering campaign to change the face of how women are portrayed in the media and by advertisers by creating REAL role models who women and girls can relate to and aspire to be like.

Being part of the Modelled by Role Models project has been an incredible journey and I've met other completely inspiring girls along the way and heard their stories and what drives them.


The photos were taken in March and we were all sworn to secrecy until the launch, which was held at BAFTA in London this week.  It was great to see all the girls again and to finally see all our photos and videos together.  It was a really empowering evening and I hope other girls and women will see the images and realise we are all different, yet we are all still beautiful.

Follow me on Twitter @HCDream2012
#modelledbyrolemodels #myrolemodel #panache #inspirational #women

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.