Friday 12 June 2015

An MBE for Jordanne Whiley

Massive congratulations to Jordanne who has been awarded the MBE in the Queens Birthday Honours list for her services to wheelchair tennis.

When the news was announced, Jordanne said; "It is a huge honour to receive an MBE in The Queen's Birthday Honours List, I am truly humbled and very grateful.

It is safe to say I was speechless when I found out the news, and I am rarely speechless! I would like to thank whoever nominated me along side all the people who have supported me throughout my career. A special thanks to my parents and my boyfriend who have always believed in me. 

Whilst this award recognises what I have achieved, I hope that it will give further recognition to wheelchair tennis as a whole, it is a wonderful sport and has given me a great life. I will continue to work hard and be the best that I can so that I can truly live up to this award and inspire others to believe that anything is possible"

Jordanne becomes the second member of Team 17 to be awarded an MBE by The Queen. Hannah Cockroft was awarded the MBE in 2013 for her services to wheelchair racing.

#BirthdayHonours #MBE #WheelchairTennis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.